Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eyes on Me - HATE

Eyes on Me - HATE

Did anybody else just hate that song? I thought it was totally inappropriate after playing a game of total silence, save the midi-like music in the background, to play a song at all of the sudden. I thought the song was crap too though.

This really wasn't the problem with the FFX song. Maybe it's because I didn't get a word of what she was singing about or because the characters actually talked... but it just sounded right, while Eyes on Me simply ruined the moment.

Anybody else or am I alone with this one?

Alone.
    The below sentence is true.
    The above sentence is false.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

it's elevator music to fill in the background during a romantic interlude! I think it was well-suited to its time.

Besides, it's part of the game!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I liked it, and went straight ahead and downloaded it after I heard it, like most other FF8 freaks. It made me feel the love Squall & Rinoa shared

Eh, it's okay. Obviously the way the lyrics flow (i.e. not rhyming in English) ends up sounding extremely corny, but the song has grown on me. I think I'm more fond of the melody rather than the song itself. I tend to enjoy it more as background music.
    "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural."

--Chancellor Palpatine

Final Fantasy VIII: The Lionheart. Book one of my novelization.

"Being a hero is not what will save you, Squall Leonhart. You are searching for the wrong treasure."

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

it was a good song, and hardly just thrown in inappropriatly, considering the melody for the song is used all throughout the game in the background in several places, it's basicaly FF VIII's theme song...

Articles
    Blog Entries

I thought it was very appropriate, and it worked very well in conveying the emotional event that it was. in a non-gay way.

I also think it was the milestone that marked Uematsu becoming a musical composer, not just a MIDI programmer.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    I liked it, and went straight ahead and downloaded it after I heard it, like most other FF8 freaks. It made me feel the love Squall & Rinoa shared
    I bet you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I thought it was very appropriate, and it worked very well in conveying the emotional event that it was. in a non-gay way.

I also think it was the milestone that marked Uematsu becoming a musical composer, not just a MIDI programmer.
    Have you not heard any of his orchastrated Piece's he made prior to that song? He was a great composer long before Eyes on you.

On to the point, despite all of FF VIII's flaws, the music was great. Eyes on you is a very well written song.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

the it sounds and fits with the ending.

its emotional, not because of the lyrics, mainly the actual instruments. its a very good tune and its part of the game and everything and it fits in better than you think.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I don't know why, but I always imagined Michael Bolton singing it.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Banned

I found the lyrics pretty cheesy, and I'd definitely prefer an instrumental version.

the song is cool but it's too simplist, it doesn't compare to Spirits Within or Dirge of Cerberus for example:rolleyes2
    ...What's Chocobo doing with a sattelite and a fishing pole? :mog:

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post

Have you not heard any of his orchastrated Piece's he made prior to that song? He was a great composer long before Eyes on you.
    umm, i've beaten every FF, and i'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

how long would you say that is? The only orchestrated piece that comes to mind is the end boss theme of VII, and I'm pretty sure he didn't compose that.

up to that point he was still only a game music programmer. A great one, but he was by no means above the rest. Until eyes on me, i would say, that's when he came into a class of his own and it's probably the reason he was able to become so successful outside of games. It was the milestone.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love it. Funnilly enough - It was on the radio last night.